Fitness Videos Coming Soon!
Check back soon for videos on topics such as Balance, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Back.
Nutrition is Important for Exercise
Eating a nutritious diet may help fuel your body for both pre and post workout. There are two main macronutrients that are important to add in your diet – Carbohydrates and Protein. Carbohydrates are your body’s main source of energy. Protein helps in building and repairing muscles.
It is recommended you eat a balanced meal that includes both carbohydrates and protein before exercising to give you energy needed to power through the workout.
Examples of Pre-Workout Food:
• Oatmeal, oat bran, and whole grain cereals. Try adding milk to increase protein intake.
• Egg white omelet with vegetables.
• Protein bars.
• Non-fat Greek yogurt topped with fruit.
• Whole wheat toast with a spread of peanut butter.
To strengthen your muscles after you exercise, it is important to eat protein to provide your muscles with amino acids.
Examples of Post Workout Foods:
• Protein shakes.
• Grilled chicken with brown rice and vegetables.
• Romaine salad topped with tuna and boiled eggs drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
• Sliced turkey on whole wheat bread with hummus and carrots.
BALANCE IS KEY:
Incorporating the right balance of carbohydrates, protein, and water in your diet will help give you the energy your body needs during exercise. Hydration is an important factor and water will help you stay hydrated.